Sunday, April 09, 2006

Hip Hop Golden Age

The Debate Rages On...

I have to set the record concerning the music which
recorded the voice of an impoverished generation,
bringin forth a culture; second to none, known as
Hip Hop. Enough with the colourful word play, what
are the 10 best Hip Hop albums of all time? Almost
forgot, I tag Fallen Angel, MagicalSis, Shelle, 13,
Piglet, Toby Anderson, Cousin Sarah and anyone
else who wants to put it down!

In no particular order:

Illmatic - Nas
It Takes A Nation of Millons - Public Enemy
Chronic - Dr. Dre
Ready to Die - Notorious BIG
Me Against the World - 2Pac
Doggystyle - Snoop Dogg
Diary - Scarface
Blueprint - Jay Z
Aquemini - Outkast
By Any Means Necessary - KRS ONE


Also, top five greatest Hip Hop artist(s)... groups...

5) 2Pac
4) IceCube
3) KRSONE
2) Rakim
1) Scarface

Hot, but not in the top five (Hova, Biggie, Nas, Big Daddy Kane and LL)

5) Wu Tang Clan
4) A Tribe Called Quest
3) Outkast
2) NWA
1) Public Enemy

Hot, but not in the top five (De La Soul, Mobb Deep, Goodie Mob, The Roots and Digital Undaground)

3 Comments:

Blogger CousinSarah said...

YESSSSS SUUUUUR! I am goin to my blog right now.

Tribe is closer to the top for me.

I LOVEEEEEEE THIS TAG. You have made a great day BETTER!

Holla!

Tuesday, April 11, 2006 at 6:24:00 PM CST  
Blogger Daily Piglet said...

You got lots of choices there. And, you got to tell a sista when you tag her, k?

I will do this on my blog sometime tonight.

I saw Snoop Dog in concert about 17 years ago, dag I am old.

Wednesday, April 12, 2006 at 1:09:00 PM CST  
Blogger MagicalSis said...

No can do....not enough knowledge of hip hop.

I like Outcast, Kidd Rock, Eminem, and there are others that I recognize the names OR the songs but can't discuss or put them together in an informed manner.
My musical tastes are very eclectic.

Thursday, April 13, 2006 at 7:48:00 AM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home