Friday, June 08, 2007

"Just a Girl" Poem (Audio Version)

...for those of you who didn't know, I've been in the studio attempting to put together Capturing Sunrays in a Glass Jar, The One Take Spit Tape -- an audio version of my book, but I'm torn between recording all 58 poems in a triple CD format or just doing the hottest 20. One of my favorite pieces is "Just a Girl @ the End of the Day", its on the CD, but not in the book. I wrote it at the request of my poetry mentor and have decided to place it on this blog fall to hear...

The track is located at the bottom right-hand side of this blog, directly above the "BUY THIS BOOK" icon. If you can see the little bitty pic of me then click on the PLAY button and enjoy. I'm new to this spoken word world so I need your HONEST opinions, don't worry, I don't have an ego; speak freely!

2 Comments:

Blogger Miz JJ said...

Everybody has an ego.

I liked it, but I found the background music loud and distracting. Not to say you want no music, but for me it was too loud. It took away from your words. Maybe a simpler musical selection would work better with the piece. That is my two cents.

Friday, June 8, 2007 at 12:19:00 PM CST  
Blogger Gemini Girl aka GG said...

I say do the hottest 20, the music was a bit distracting but I loved hearing this piece out loud...by the writer...

Friday, June 8, 2007 at 9:50:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home