Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Friends w/Benefits



I recently had a discussion with a friend of mine who has the so-called "other woman". She is cool, confident playing her role as Second First Lady and claims she will be by his side for all of eternity or until he gets a divorce and decides to be with someone other than her. In fact, she has told him several times if you ever get a divorce, I want it to just be you and I and you can't cheat on me... In the words of one of my friends, "Are you serious right now?"

Here is where I began to not understand the mentality of the OTHER woman. I've dated someones' wife. She was 20 years my Senior, and in doing so, I never once believed we'd share anything other than a bed and great conversation. The entire relationship was an exchange of sorts, I gave her attention/sex and she exposed me to the societal elite/hidden rules of the upper class. She ended it as fast as it began, guess she grew bored, afterall, what more could I offer? Nothing!

Back to the OTHER woman, what interest me is her belief he'll not want to cheat on her when she represented how to cheat, how to deceive and how to lie. Another issue is, how the OTHER woman demands he'll not cheat on her once they get together; truly amazing. The third thing is why is being the OTHER woman cool, but having the man you love cheat on you with the OTHER woman not cool?

Love is definitely strong and has a way of making one blind to the facts, as Flavor Flav would say, but honestly, if I were the OTHER man I definitely wouldn't demand I not be cheated on because I wouldn't want to have anything remotely special someone's wife. Especially, if I've already had her again, again, again and again.

The flip side of love is the emotional affair, which is the most powerful because it controls one's heart, emotions and actions at times. Would I engage in such an act...

Until next post!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Jackson said...

i never understood that mentality...

first - what you reap, you will sow; i never understood how people could forget those words

second - if he could do it to her...the he can & probably will do it to you.

there's nothing attractive, at least to me, in being that other person. the lies, deceit...pain. i know it'd hurt me if i were the main woman whose man was steppin out, so why would i do that to someone else?

Friday, June 6, 2008 at 3:46:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home