Monday, November 27, 2006

Appreciation

...because, Trizzy

Being able to feel the sun’s heat on my face,
but unable to feel it with these hands…

Being able to breathe oxygen,
but unable to see it with these eyes…

Being able to hear this beat,
but unable to know why this heart functions…

Being able to taste victory,
but unable to savor the flavor of words as they exit this mouth…

Being able to wake up, smell the coffee,
but unable to tell when the stench of life is engulfing…

Being able to experience your peace,
but unable to understand how you came to terms with passing...

I miss you already...

6 Comments:

Blogger Blu Jewel said...

Oh my! What an amazingly beautiful poem Slump. My eyes are watery now as a result. The simpleness of the words are what make this so damn powerful. I am so warmed by this. Great job.

Tuesday, November 28, 2006 at 6:13:00 AM CST  
Blogger Angel said...

"Being able to experience your peace,
but unable to understand how you came to terms with passing..."


it wasn't meant for us to understand sir. all she ever wanted us to do was try though...i miss her too.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006 at 3:06:00 AM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel you...

Wednesday, November 29, 2006 at 5:22:00 PM CST  
Blogger Ms.Honey said...

Man I bet she never could begin to imagine just how much she has affected us all....

Wednesday, November 29, 2006 at 7:31:00 PM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What!? I missed this? Slump this is beautiful. [sigh] A part of me doesn't believe that she went anywhere. Any moment she'll txt my phone, or surprise me with a call. She always does that when I need it most. I'm adding this to teh tribute page.

Saturday, December 2, 2006 at 2:56:00 AM CST  
Blogger Sangindiva said...

This was sooo nice...

I'm sure Trizzy would have
thought it was beautiful...
cuz it really is.

I miss Trizzy too...

Thursday, December 7, 2006 at 1:28:00 AM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home