Friday, November 03, 2006

The I's Have It V

I finally accept it, I love you, but I also realize you don’t understand who I am or who I am becoming…

I know a better day is coming, I hope her heart is translucent; expose me to her light without burning…

I wondered if you still cared, now I know you do even if it is just slightly…

I now doubt my intellect…

I had looked forward to traveling, now, I think its best I stop pretending…

I thought hearing your voice would take away the pain, somehow, it increased it…

I am grateful I know exactly how you feel about me…

I have shifted my focus toward only those things which will make me stronger, the rest is a waste of time…

I feel like I’m not myself lately, seems like I’m somewhere in the middle of change…

I thought love was a place of comfort, it more like a foreign place and I’m glad…

I am beginning to wonder if black women were sent here to destroy Blackmankind…

I desperately want to find a place where I can be still if only for the blink of an eye…

I miss our friendship…

I thought you were the second coming of love, now I realize you’re the anti-love…

I hate knowing I can’t do anything to make your days easier, your nights less complicated…

I think you are the realest person I know, funny thing is I don’t know you at all…

I want my heart to only be used for pumping blood, devoid of emotion…

I wish I could take a minute to breathe, I’m running out of air, it hurts…

I know I matter…

I recognize your contempt, you will pay for your actions eventually...

I thought you meant it when you said, "I love you B.", guess you were fooling yourself, you definitely fooled me...

I need to know where you stand, no more bullshit, please...

I want to know why all of the sudden you want a trios...

I don't understand how I can be "ain't shit" and "the shit" at the same time...

14 Comments:

Blogger Miz JJ said...

I am beginning to wonder if black women were sent here to destroy Blackmankind…

I find it sad that you feel that way. Black women have been the backbone of black communities forever. You've obviously had bad experiences, but to say we are destroying black men is just so damn sad. Maybe it's not that serious, but that really stuck out to men.

Friday, November 3, 2006 at 1:17:00 PM CST  
Blogger MagicalSis said...

Listen...like you recently told me...it is the knowing I am enough from the inside out that matters. (not in those exact words)
unfortunatly it is quite common for human beings to derive their own worth from how another feels about them.
uggggg...
this is an ongoing process of growth for me to become more and more ok with me AS I AM.
it takes time.
you are a relatively young man and are right where you are supposed to be.
makes friends with the struggles.
they are our teachers, luv.

big tight hugs.

Friday, November 3, 2006 at 2:59:00 PM CST  
Blogger Tenacious said...

*hug*

Don't fret hun, she'll drop right in your lap. Dont give up hope :-)

Friday, November 3, 2006 at 4:17:00 PM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

your thoughts are deep. thanks for sharing them. don't doubt your intellect. that's one of the things that worth noticing about you.

Friday, November 3, 2006 at 7:17:00 PM CST  
Blogger Paula D. said...

Very deep! Keep your head up & hang in there. She will either come to her senses, or you will run into someone that is all about taking care of your heart.

Friday, November 3, 2006 at 8:19:00 PM CST  
Blogger layne bowden said...

I am beginning to wonder if black women were sent here to destroy Blackmankind…

WOW. if you've been wondering about that then the rest of these statements make perfect sense to me.

I thought you were the second coming of love, now I realize you’re the anti-love…

DAYYYUM! however, i can dig it.

I want my heart to only be used for pumping blood, devoid of emotion…

I wish I could take a minute to breathe, I’m running out of air, it hurts…


i can definitely relate! i told y'all last week that love sucks ass BIG time. powerful I's sir. thanks for sharing.

Peace!

Saturday, November 4, 2006 at 2:31:00 PM CST  
Blogger Shelle said...

powerful list my friend, powerful...we should all be so honest, and so raw.
hugs

Saturday, November 4, 2006 at 5:06:00 PM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's power in pen and thought.

Let me know if I can do anything to lift your spirits back up.

Stay sweet B, and don't ever doubt, okay? ~JoJoD.

Saturday, November 4, 2006 at 6:19:00 PM CST  
Blogger Blu Jewel said...

"I am beginning to wonder if black women were sent here to destroy Blackmankind…"

I was/am stunned by this, but it's your thought and you're entitled to it.

You sound rather melancholy in this edition.

Saturday, November 4, 2006 at 6:26:00 PM CST  
Blogger Nique said...

Evolution

Sunday, November 5, 2006 at 5:06:00 PM CST  
Blogger Angel said...

don't know so much about melancholy, but i definitely can tell that you have some deep thoughts just under the surface...i'm here if you need me...

Monday, November 6, 2006 at 12:15:00 AM CST  
Blogger Isha said...

The I's giving it back...

I think you are extremely creative and a whiz with words.

I've found your position on love and life challenging, but respectable.

I've never met you, but think that a dinner/coffee or date with you would be quite interesting.

I think that you have been hurt by some which jades you to many.

I may not agree with some of what you say, but appreciate and respect the thought and passion you put into it.

I just wanted to give you the perspective of an outsider looking into your hazy world.

Monday, November 6, 2006 at 1:17:00 AM CST  
Blogger Lyrically speaking said...

I feel the sadness in this one, wow, very heartfelt piece

Tuesday, November 7, 2006 at 8:19:00 PM CST  
Blogger Ebony Stewart said...

"I don't understand how I can be "ain't shit" and "the shit" at the same time..."
I often wonder the same thing at time myself! Lol.

Just thought i'd comment on your blog...good stuff brotha.

Friday, November 10, 2006 at 4:03:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home