Tuesday, June 27, 2006

A Way of Life

Our Waking Moments

Riding me is your daily task,
I equate our early morning ritual with breathing,
necessary,
like coffee, I get you going,
when you ride groggy it’s the best,
I love to feel you swerving,
When I’m really wet, slippery,
you are out of control,
which is why I attempt to protect you with my erected barriers,
I need you sane, don’t want you to go off the deep edge,
stay on course, use me to get to where your heart desires,
I use you to justify my existence,
you use me for the journey,
you’ve been warned to slow down, but rarely take heed,
why do you ignore the signs I’ve shown you?

If he interrupts our experience again
don’t be angry for getting caught,
its what police are suppose to do
whenever you feel the need to speed…

Who am I?

The FREEWAY taking you to your
destination whenever you decide to
to get in your vehicle, get atop me;?

9 Comments:

Blogger fidel.negro said...

brethren, your innuendo(read:duality) is always creative and subtle, misleading in a pleasant way. i dig it when you write in this voice.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006 at 5:04:00 AM CST  
Blogger MagicalSis said...

nice and sexy for a road!

Wednesday, June 28, 2006 at 11:10:00 AM CST  
Blogger Shelle said...

simply outstanding

Wednesday, June 28, 2006 at 1:11:00 PM CST  
Blogger my coffee is always said...

I'm back... loving what I'm reading.... can't wait to see you in August!!!

Wednesday, June 28, 2006 at 2:23:00 PM CST  
Blogger Daily Piglet said...

Very good! I love this :)!!!!

Thursday, June 29, 2006 at 3:52:00 PM CST  
Blogger Angel said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Friday, June 30, 2006 at 5:10:00 PM CST  
Blogger Angel said...

hahahahahahah
gives imagery to that song, "life is a highway"
"...I wanna ride it all night long..."
hahahhahahahaha

Friday, June 30, 2006 at 5:10:00 PM CST  
Blogger Xave said...

Outstanding!

Monday, July 3, 2006 at 2:31:00 AM CST  
Blogger Intelfetish said...

Now I know why riding over speed bumps feels so good!

Thursday, July 6, 2006 at 10:41:00 AM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home