Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Blind Faith

Standing, barefoot, no longer apprehensive,
she, peering over the edge of the ledge,
focused on the beginning, the ending,
what it would mean following courage,
embracing blind rage, jumping,
unconcerned about awaiting impacts,
disengaged with cracks left in the street
from the ripple of her decision made in haste,
“why waste a life in wait?” she thought.

Feet firmly placed,
an expression of liberation on her face,
needing her approval,
“baby, now, I’ll catch you,”
hearing it gave her freedom, free fall,
landing was not part of the planning,
took her all Summer, Spring, Winter, Fall
to gain momentum,
unfortunately, he grew impatient,
caught another,
never heard the sound of his first choice utter,
“I love you,”
leaving her smothered by
the loneliness found when
reaching the ground after,
falling in love all by yourself…

5 Comments:

Blogger Isha said...

Funny, I just had this conversation with a person I who I am standing on the ledge about(with).

Hope my fall is not as painful as your words have described it. For I know how lonley the journey can be.

Thanks B
I marvel at the wonders that escape from your mind. Truly a gift and a blessing. Please continue to share.
ME!

Tuesday, April 3, 2007 at 5:22:00 PM CST  
Blogger Tenacious said...

great piece slump

Tuesday, April 3, 2007 at 7:05:00 PM CST  
Blogger Gemini Girl aka GG said...

one of my favs (of the week) speaks volumes as to where I am in my life this minute. WOW..makes my heart feel sad for the one that missed out and happy for the one that got caught
..takes courage to fall u have to be willing to give and receive..most times people are not on the same page at the same time..moving at different speeds most times its easy to miss something great..like love

Wednesday, April 4, 2007 at 6:51:00 AM CST  
Blogger Shelle said...

yes b, good one...spoke volumes to me, and to many women i'm sure...and yes i like where your writing is going.

Wednesday, April 4, 2007 at 1:35:00 PM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This reminds me of how I felt about someone in my life. Just as I gave up on loving him freely and removed myself from standing on the ledge, seeming in love all by myself, he started to portray his readiness to love me freely and readiness to jump...

Love is patient.

Sometimes we lose sight of the payoff, move too fast instead of waiting until things are right on both ends so the love can thrive. And in those cases you usually wind up all by yourself in the end.

Just my $0.02...

Wednesday, April 4, 2007 at 9:22:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home