Saturday, April 14, 2007

The I's Have It X

I appreciate the pain you keep making me feel, it lets me know I care, if not, I wouldn't allow you to continue being selfish.

I hope your birthday weekend was fabulous minus the diamonds in your damn chain; must be nice to sing with Toni Braxton.

I wish you would keep your sex to yourself, your worth is far greater than you know.

I think God is showing me favor conerning the Capturing Sunrays in a Glass Jar book project, doors are opening without me placing my hand on the knob.

I envy spoken word artists who are actually spoken word artists, not just authors like myself. Damn, this is more difficult than I ever anticipated.

I believe being evenly yoked intellectually is more important than being evenly yoked spiritually.

I know you'll stop being childish, remember, you asked me to help you and I said I would; resend the document.

I wonder if Imus is going to join the NAACP.

I will be the first person to purchase the new Esquire mag with Halle Berry on the cover, now if she'd only return my e-mails.

I am sorry for offending you with my language, but you know how I feel about certain aspects of American pop culture.

I am eager to hear the opinions of persons who buy my book, hope they don't think I'm as touched as I do.

I ask myself, "what are you doing to help the black community?" The answer was, "raising my children to be outstanding people." If only every parent would do the same...

I need to take time to breathe, slowly, enjoying each inhale, exhale.

I never want to be all things to all people, sometimes it needs to be all about me.

I understand my actions hurt you, but it can't be all about you all of the time; I have feelings to damn it!

I am still waiting to have our conversation about YOU.

I wonder if you really mean what you say about me.

I know God is watching.

I think my favorite sound is silence.

I am under the belief that if I could do anything knowing I could not fail, I'd...

7 Comments:

Blogger Copasetic Soul said...

brother, the Creator is always watching us.

silence is a beautiful thing.

HELL YEA...to raising the kids to be outstanding people.

good stuff brah.

Saturday, April 14, 2007 at 10:59:00 PM CST  
Blogger Isha said...

Thanks for remembering me! Made me smile!

Sunday, April 15, 2007 at 1:39:00 AM CST  
Blogger Isha said...

P.S. I am all of proud, excited, confident, and nervous for you while at the same time looking forward to your growth and success as a literary artist and giant in your world.

Hurr' up and publish book 1 so I can curl up with my copy~~~

Sunday, April 15, 2007 at 1:54:00 AM CST  
Blogger Trish said...

O.k. ~ I've purchased my copy, and I can't wait for it to get here!!!!

I'm so very excited for you! You deserve ONLY the best...no need to be superman, just be YOU!

T

Monday, April 16, 2007 at 7:27:00 AM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting...

My favorite sound is silence as well. It's golden.

=)

Monday, April 16, 2007 at 7:18:00 PM CST  
Blogger Miz JJ said...

Lol @ Imus joining the NAACP.

You never know Halle could return your e-mail any day now.

Tuesday, April 17, 2007 at 9:15:00 AM CST  
Blogger Little Brown Girl said...

I think my favorite sound is silence too, so I'll be quiet and just enjoy what I read here...PERFECT!

Tuesday, April 17, 2007 at 3:03:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home