Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Sinners Sanctum

Sitting Still in Chaos (1st Haiku)

Finally I ask
Looking up into the sky
Where are you my God?

Why do you not see
Your servant is in deep pain
Please extend your hand

I need you to know
Evil surrounds my soul now
See a takeover?

Do not forsake me
Heaven is my only home
Hell holds no high throne

Earthly time confines
Flesh to a bound existence
Caught in purgatory

Roaming, looking, dead
Seeking a eternal life
Wanting to soar high

Live with the angels
Die at the feet of Demons
Conquer all my fears

Defeat enemies!
Break their necks, bend their bodies
Destroy their flesh Lord!

Have them kneel now
GodMake them pay for hurting me
This sinner needs you…

9 Comments:

Blogger CousinSarah said...

Live with the angels
Die at the feet of Demons
Conquer all my fears

My favorite.

This is nice...longing, hope and pain.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006 at 9:33:00 AM CST  
Blogger MagicalSis said...

Yes, I know this struggle, B.
My relationship with G is illusive only b/c I go away.
Flesh and the world divert my eyes and everytime I come back suffering.
But...I have to always return b/c the alternative is inner stagnation or death.
Keep up the good trek.
It is worth it.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006 at 9:41:00 AM CST  
Blogger nikki said...

well done, luv. i especially love

Live with the angels
Die at the feet of Demons
Conquer all my fears


strong with the imagery and still eloquent.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006 at 10:58:00 AM CST  
Blogger Angel said...

i am proud of you.
your first haiku and you killed it.
hope you write some more...
:)

Tuesday, April 25, 2006 at 12:00:00 PM CST  
Blogger makingmoneyonline said...

i like the concept of this, we all feel this at some point.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006 at 1:58:00 PM CST  
Blogger my coffee is always said...

good ones... I am not one for haikus... well, actually, never tried them before..
thir13teen

Tuesday, April 25, 2006 at 3:40:00 PM CST  
Blogger Shelle said...

i like these, cause each can and do stand on their own.

my fav is live w/the angels...

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 at 8:53:00 AM CST  
Blogger chele said...

I like this piece. I know this struggle. Sometimes we are so focused on the pain that we are experiencing that we fail to realize that God is right there.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 at 11:08:00 AM CST  
Blogger Unknown said...

This is a really good poem. I know where you are coming from and I am glad that I game across your work. Keep it coming

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 at 11:21:00 AM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home