Tuesday, January 16, 2007

10 Things... If You Don't Know, Now You Do!

I wasn't tagged by anyone, but I have yet to post in eons so...

I think everyone who knows me knows...I have a tendency to be a selfish bastard, but I have no siblings so please be understanding.

I am...a person who has been hurt numerous times, which is why I hate love.

My favorite perfume is...Thierry Mugler Violet, Peony & Lily. I happened on to it by accident waiting in line at Barnes & Nobles; damn she was fine! Best places for it to be applied: 1) In the shoe of a woman 2) In the bra of a woman and 3) In the panties, of course.

I love Music...when its loud, but listening to it is based on my mood. I listened to my Tracy Champan, The New Beginning cd this weekend, specifically, Heaven's Here on Earth. It was the first time I cried in months, don't know why, but I definitely know music plays a major part in my life.

My favorite pastime is...playing chess. I learned to play while in college, really don't get to play as often as I would like because all of the people in my immediate circle only play Spades and Dominoes!

I am most comfortable...when I am in a heterogeneous environment. I love being in diverse situations, it affords me the opportunity to learn more about myself while learning about others.

When I am stressed out...I lift weights or take a three mile run, both are a great outlet to release steam and perfect ways to stay in shape. Milk isn't the only thing that does a body good!

I don't like...people who say they'll always be there for you, but are never there when you need them to be there.

I am not a very good...with trying to understand how a woman wants to be loved. Its almost as if they expect you to know.

My indulgence...writing, working out, sex and being a father.

10 Comments:

Blogger Miz JJ said...

Very honest post. You shouldn't hate love. That is kind of sad. I have been hurt a lot too, but I still believe that love can be good.

When I am stressed I go to a yoga class. Nothing in the world like it.

Tuesday, January 16, 2007 at 1:12:00 PM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First off....you had a birthday!! HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!! Why didn't you announce it on blogger? You must have been partying or something! Well, I hope you enjoyed your day!! =)

You're more than welcome to tag yourself. Actually, I'm glad you did. This gives me a better glimpse into who you are.

Hmmm...are you content with being selfish?

I've been hurt numerous times as well (my mom abandoned me too). But I don't hate love. And then again, I'm not you, nor have I walked in your shoes. You may have other reasons as well.

I've never heard of this perfume you mention here.

I love music too. But not when it's loud. When music is loud, in my opinion, its considered noise.

I love playing chess!! I'm like you though...I don't have anyone to play with!! Maybe you and I can play online, on yahoo games or something. Prepare to be spanked in chess!! lol

I like being in diverse situations, but I love being alone. There's nothing like solitude.

When I'm stressed out the last thing I need/want to do is put more stress on my body by working out!! lol. I'd much rather prefer to sleep!

Awww...I know how you feel. If you say it, then do it. Right?!?

I don't think you understand women.

Your indulgence is being a father!! How cute!!! I can't wait to be a mommy!

I see you have a new blog. I'll check that out soon!

Much love!!

~UB

Tuesday, January 16, 2007 at 1:18:00 PM CST  
Blogger Ms.Honey said...

Interesting..I've never played chess..I love listening to music it helps me think and calms me down or of course hype me up :)

Wednesday, January 17, 2007 at 8:46:00 AM CST  
Blogger Little Brown Girl said...

Happy Belated Birthday MAN!!! I moved this weekend and so all of last week I was so out of the loop. I posted an old piece today and for some reason I thought of you...maybe because you have such a gift.

Anyways...I liked this. Makes me feel like I know you now LOL!! can you teach me how to play chess cause no one else will LOL!!

Oh and I am not an only child but I am hella selfish!!!

Talk to you later my dear...

Wednesday, January 17, 2007 at 11:00:00 AM CST  
Blogger Shelle said...

interesting glimpses once again sir...in the shoe huh? love is actually good and sweet in itself, its the people who play with it i can't stand! i have never played chess, but like watching others play...they look so serious.

Wednesday, January 17, 2007 at 12:01:00 PM CST  
Blogger Lyrically speaking said...

Powerful post, I enjoyed reading. You're right, milk isn't the only thing that does a body good :)

Don't try too hard to understand women, most are still trying to figure themselves out

I like your indulgence, overall great post

Wednesday, January 17, 2007 at 2:28:00 PM CST  
Blogger Angel said...

**clutching chest because i am surely going to collapse**

i CANNOT believe you admitted your tendency to be a selfish bastard!!!! you keep talking about chess and still haven't played with me! you suck! what you got on scattergories though? huh? HUH?

Thursday, January 18, 2007 at 1:33:00 AM CST  
Blogger Gemini Girl aka GG said...

glad I happened upon your blog, couldn't sleep, its 4am, thanks for the perfume tip! women need to know these things!

Thursday, January 18, 2007 at 3:19:00 AM CST  
Blogger Dance_Soul said...

Sometimes we're selfish to protect ourselves from hurt. I just haven't figured out if it works yet.

Thursday, January 18, 2007 at 7:52:00 AM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love that tracy chapman cd, she's a beautiful soul and i love her. she's got it going on. she can move a person. wonder what she's up to lately?

Wednesday, January 24, 2007 at 10:13:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home