Monday, August 07, 2006

100 Words "4" Self {Three}

Son's Account

Dad works too often,
spoiling me rotten don’t
replace moments missed,
when he insists he must go
I wish he’d stay,
wish he’d play a little longer,
wish I’d lift weights too,
make us both stronger,
wish I’d gain his attention
wish I’d place time in suspension,
wish he’d whip me less with his tongue,
more with the belt,
wish he had the minutes to listen to how I felt,
wish he was the man of his dreams,
the one he wants to be,
wish he was me to see how hard it is to live with a
working daddy…

4 Comments:

Blogger Angel said...

the more i read it, i like it more and more. funny, i can hear osiris "thinking" and ":feeling" these things... very good capture of a young boy's feelings about a his father...thank you for sharing your sensitive side boo... :-)

Monday, August 7, 2006 at 11:51:00 AM CST  
Blogger Lyrically speaking said...

Hmmmmmmmm...this brings some sad memories of my childhood, well he was never around to play with me...but he used to verbally abused my mom right in front of my siblings and myself, great post

Tuesday, August 8, 2006 at 11:50:00 AM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Again...this is wonderful! I applaud you for this!

Wednesday, August 9, 2006 at 10:15:00 AM CST  
Blogger Xave said...

[sigh] yeah... Reading this was like getting into a time machine.

Sunday, August 13, 2006 at 7:21:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home