Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Daddy’s Little Girls

The Big Bang Theory

It was the happiest day of his life,
though he had no “wife”,
“she” was pregnant, once, twice,
fraternal or identical was the mystery,
gingerly he planned the experience,
never being a father didn’t matter,
his focus was on the pitter, patter which held his attention
like he would hold their existence, calm,
but with a healthy paranoia,
the foyer was decorated in a meticulous manner,
pink balloons, streamers, teddy bears, rattles
and a large banner which read,
“WELCOME HOME”…

Prior to meeting Sheila he felt alone,
a half with no whole, an empty man with no role to play,
protector, provider,
he was a survivor, a L7,
the closest he’d been to Heaven
was when she asked him on their first date,
the place they met, irrelevant,
the fact they actually met, excellent, in his mind,
so much so, it defined his being,
his understanding of self, his seeing inward,
“she” symbolized the “Lord”,
he was a faithful worshipper,
obeyed her scripture,
paid tithes with offerings of undeniable love,
his need to have hers was above oxygen,
unfortunately, for him, it wouldn’t be enough…

Cell phone ringing, once, twice, thrice,
showering, unable to hear,
he prepared for annual “cross-country” conference presentation,
while bland voice mail greets Sheila,
panicked shrills recorded leaving incoherent message,
“sitting in pool of blood,”
“cramping badly, fallen,”
“children motionless,”
“love you, need you, now,”
dropped call…

All day he thought about her, his twins,
how his slight manic depression would end upon arrival,
idle was his mind during the returning flight,
hadn’t been able to reach her in two nights,
his plight to be a family man would truncate,
entering the gate to their estate he was greeted by police,
informing him all three of his love’s were deceased,
victim to pre-mature birth and “her” inability to dial 9-1-1,
falling,
shivering,
waiting,
afraid,
cold,
losing consciousness,
told luckily the girls were still born so they didn’t suffer,
what an emotional buffer delivered with such tact,
their bodies removed the day before in an attempt to spare
him additional emotional distress, yes,
he wanted to see them,
one for the last time, two for the first,
but he needed time to grieve,
asked the authorities to leave then loaded his revolver…

Life without her was unthinkable,
life without them was life without him…

BIG BANG!!!

16 Comments:

Blogger Blu Jewel said...

DAYUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, now that I've gotten over the intensity of this piece, I can go on. I read your comment on my page and thought I'd come and check you out. I'm glad I did. Being the godmother of twins and knowing what their parents went through (previous miscarriages) prior to their ability to maintain and sustain life, this touched me deeply.

Check out a piece I posted on my other page http://thesaphyreloung.blogspot.com. It's posted in parts; 25 in all and let me know what you think.

Toodles.

PS. I'll add you to my page so I can keep up with you.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006 at 11:35:00 AM CST  
Blogger Ms.Honey said...

I must say that my imagination almost caused me to cry at the thought of her being alone in that house unable to save the lives that she was carrying....this was soo vivid. I'll def have to come back for more.

Makes you appreciate life even the more.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006 at 12:42:00 PM CST  
Blogger Nique said...

Man let me start off by saying that this was the zenith of pure beauty. i reallu liked this, and thanks for stopping by

Tuesday, August 22, 2006 at 1:20:00 PM CST  
Blogger A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

it's not fair that everybody has my brother linked to my blog but i just found out about it.....


i'll give you a dollar if you can figure out whose sister i am:-)

Tuesday, August 22, 2006 at 5:53:00 PM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow...thats deep.

I love this part:

“she” symbolized the “Lord”,
he was a faithful worshipper,
obeyed her scripture,
paid tithes with offerings of undeniable love,
his need to have hers was above oxygen,

Tuesday, August 22, 2006 at 7:13:00 PM CST  
Blogger layne bowden said...

Wow.

This was POWERFUL. I am moved. Deeply. I actually had to sit here a minute or 2... or 3... to compose myself before attempting to formulate a response. Even now, I know whatever I say will not be worthy of the excellence I've just encountered. Brilliant write, sir! Absolutely, so. The imagery and word choices are spectacular. I am so jealous! :)

I wish they had smilies on blogger. I would have chosen the one with me bowing to the fierceness of your pen!

Peace!

Thanks for dropping by the new spot!

Tuesday, August 22, 2006 at 7:45:00 PM CST  
Blogger Jonzee said...

Wow...digging your blog.

Thanks for checking me out.Your voice of reason was needed!

Tuesday, August 22, 2006 at 10:31:00 PM CST  
Blogger Sangindiva said...

You know I thought having a blog crush
was something that would never happen to me-
but it is official- I have fallen in love wih your
mind through your pen...
This was... was... I have no words for how great it-
you are!! Your talent and range of subjects knows no bounds. Can I wash your feet with my scent and dry them
with my hair?

And in response to your blog comment...
if you take your belt off will your pants fall down? :)

Wednesday, August 23, 2006 at 2:02:00 AM CST  
Blogger Melissa Ayotte said...

Beautiful words. You are very talented. I am visiting your blog via FunkyBrewster's. I'll stop by again sometime. Connecting with creative souls is nourishing. It is like protein for my muse.

Wednesday, August 23, 2006 at 8:02:00 AM CST  
Blogger Shelle said...

b, damn on many levels...i agree butterfly, that part is my fav as well...i know you don't like writing, but we like you to continue please ...smile

Wednesday, August 23, 2006 at 11:56:00 AM CST  
Blogger Unknown said...

this is amazing... the emotion felt is captivating.
you've outdone yourself!

Wednesday, August 23, 2006 at 3:02:00 PM CST  
Blogger MagicalSis said...

Slump...goose bumps are covering my body from head to toe.

This was VERY well done.

I am officially a groupie and will follow your lead.

Wednesday, August 23, 2006 at 3:23:00 PM CST  
Blogger Tenacious said...

thank you for stopping by and wow, I really enjoyed that....*sigh* yet another page to add to my addiction

@ slump--it was the principle. My hotel doesnt set pricing standards and coming at me with 'tude is not the way to get what you want. if she had a gucci purse b*tch had $12....esp since she was already paying $300 a night...

Wednesday, August 23, 2006 at 5:49:00 PM CST  
Blogger Xave said...

The excellence and clarity of your work makes long discourse unnecessary. Let me simply add that you are an inspiration. Thank you.

Friday, August 25, 2006 at 10:49:00 AM CST  
Blogger Angel said...

although i know she's not ready to read this, i told her that you were inspired by her situation... i appreciate you for capturing the moment in a poetic way...

Saturday, August 26, 2006 at 12:09:00 AM CST  
Blogger Daily Piglet said...

That is so powerful, your words are very descriptive.

Monday, August 28, 2006 at 10:54:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home