Friday, September 29, 2006

The I's Have It III

I appreciate the pilots who safely flew the planes from Oklahoma City
to Memphis to Orlando to Memphis back to Oklahoma City...

I love the fact you have allowed me into your quiet safe places
even though you barely know me...

I am seriously debating whether to purchase a 525 BMW or a Chrysler 300M...

I feel like my time away from you will be well served,
the threat of you taking away our friendship no longer hurts...

I accepted that I lift weights in order to make my body as beautiful as my mind...

I love my parents for several reasons, most recently because they support my efforts to pursue a terminal degree...

I now know the state of African Americans education is worse off than I estimated...

I am beginning to pursue the need to create new memories more than I am to desire sex...

I like the feeling of Timberland boots more than I do Nike Shox's, damn, hope I'm not becoming East Coast...

I have fallen love with THE BOONDOCKS!!!!!! Its the best thang smoking...

I now understand low expectations are the benchmark set for African Americans by those who control the systems which run the upper echelons of education...

I have settled...

I won't settle again...

8 Comments:

Blogger Shelle said...

glad u made it back ok too.

making memories more than the desire for sex...now that is a good thing. comes from truly knowing the self.

our educational state...sigh

Friday, September 29, 2006 at 2:25:00 PM CST  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love it. No one should settle. Strive to be the best. I only learned that, really learned that, in the last few years. Sometimes, it takes me awhile.

Friday, September 29, 2006 at 4:54:00 PM CST  
Blogger layne bowden said...

I agree with Trish about the 300M. That car definitely gets my vote! It is ULTRA hot.

No sir! NEVER settle. It's NOT a good thing... ever!

I love this post. I am admittely a biter, therefore look forward to seeing a "The I's Have It" post on my blog real soon!

Peace!

Sunday, October 1, 2006 at 9:42:00 AM CST  
Blogger Copasetic Soul said...

I now know the state of African Americans education is worse off than I estimated...

preach preaaacha!

Sunday, October 1, 2006 at 10:31:00 PM CST  
Blogger Lyrically speaking said...

Nice...It's been a while but it feels damn good to be back in here checking on my neighbors, beautiful man keep up the good work :)

Tuesday, October 3, 2006 at 10:36:00 AM CST  
Blogger makingmoneyonline said...

Go for the 525 Beamer, my sister-in-law bought an 07 2 months ago and that thing is TIGHT!

Tuesday, October 3, 2006 at 10:53:00 AM CST  
Blogger Blu Jewel said...

Go for the Bimmer...hot ta effin deff!

Loved the I's...agreed, Boondocks is awlla dat!

Education for AA's pitiful...check out last weeks episode of The Wire for a view of how we're treated.

Tuesday, October 3, 2006 at 3:41:00 PM CST  
Blogger princessdominique said...

I'm partial to BMW's myself.

Wednesday, October 4, 2006 at 7:49:00 AM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home