Saturday, August 26, 2006

Top #10 -- II (A Work In Progress)

Things I Love Most About Women of Colour...

#10) When your weave is done just right, I can't see or feel your tracks!

#9) When you have the same appreciation for my WORLD CLASS Grilled Cheese & Cinnamon sandwich as you do when I take you to a "Five Star" eating establishment.

#8) Even though you view Hip Hop as demeaning toward women at times, you still know the lyrics to the most X-Rated rap songs, e. g. "My head spinning, her head spinning, mine from juice & ginning, hers from neck & chinning," -- Clipse

#7) You will pay as much for a leather purse as I'll pay for a leather coat!

#6) When you don't mind taking out the trash, washing the car, cutting the yard, cleaning out the tub or fixing the broken things around the house because you don't necessarily these as a Man's activity.

#5) Because some of you have “ass”ets so well defined I can see them from the front; so curvaceous, so voluptuous – I would classify you as UPSIDE DOWN HEART WOMEN, which is a lot more shapely than an apple bottom…

#4) When I am at my lowest, depressed, frustrated, doubtful there is always a woman of colour who NOTICES without me saying a word. Upon bringing it to my attention she ALWAYS has encouraging words, optimistic opinions and a refreshing perspective which brightens my day. Funny thing is, she is usually a total stranger with no direct connection to my situation.

#3) Because you keep an attitude like I've kept my favorite pair of boxer draws from college (circa 1990 – yes, I have them on right now), ALWAYS!!!!

#2) Because without you I would be nothing…

And now, the moment you’ve all been waiting for, drum roll please:

#1) Because even though you equate the performing of cunnilingus
with gold coins, 20 ct. diamonds and $100 bills raining down from
the Heavens, you unfortunately only liken the performance of fellatio
with the swallowing of acid or uncut Castor Oil.

JUST DAMN SELFISH - LIGHTEN UP AND TAKE YOUR MEDICINE WITH A SMILE;p

12 Comments:

Blogger Blu Jewel said...

First of all, I think your background layout is ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL. Of course the fact that it's blue is equally stunning.

This piece is funny because so much of it is true.

My faves #s, 7, 6, 5, 4, & 2.

Monday, August 28, 2006 at 12:43:00 PM CST  
Blogger Nique said...

Man you are outta there, funny because true? Hows #1 for the fact of that matter, if I wouldve known that was #1 i wouldve went and got that marching band out of big boi's trunk for you.

Monday, August 28, 2006 at 1:21:00 PM CST  
Blogger MagicalSis said...

you are a piece 'o work my love.
very good writing....made me giggle.
am i "of colour"? i have lots of freckles...hehe.

Monday, August 28, 2006 at 1:35:00 PM CST  
Blogger Angel said...

uh...yeah...you already know how i feel about this "list..." :-/

Monday, August 28, 2006 at 2:53:00 PM CST  
Blogger layne bowden said...

LMAO @ #1... but you know what? I can't even argue with it, so I'll just move along. :)

#2 made me say "Awwww! That's so damn sweet!!"

I love the list! I think I'm going to have to do one about men over at my place!

Thank you for the happy birthday wishes!!

Today, Be... fearless! Peace.

Monday, August 28, 2006 at 3:18:00 PM CST  
Blogger Daily Piglet said...

Very creative, those boxers tho. That's scary.

Monday, August 28, 2006 at 10:44:00 PM CST  
Blogger Tenacious said...

I can't get with the grilled cheese and cinnamon sandwich...sounds nasty.

I like all ten, it's nice to hear a Black man's ode to women of colour. Very creative.

And you must have a fetish or something. Boo my Enchanted Apple smells good everywhere esp. the feet, No Fritos over here :-)

Monday, August 28, 2006 at 11:48:00 PM CST  
Blogger princessdominique said...

Great list I have to visit more often. Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, August 29, 2006 at 4:09:00 PM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL!! You are a mess!! I like this list better than the 10 things I hate most about black women.

But I'm loving this! =)

Thursday, August 31, 2006 at 8:56:00 PM CST  
Blogger Sangindiva said...

I see myself in alll 10 of your 10-
INCLUDING the sammich :)

But from now on I'll take my medicine with a spoon full of sugar :)

Cool list!

Wednesday, September 6, 2006 at 2:14:00 PM CST  
Blogger NegroPino™ said...

What a beautiful ode...
I dont feel certain songs/lyrics demean women..I enjoy it. LIfe is too short to get upset over some words.
But i aint taking out the trash,mowing the lawn, none of that.
But somebody gotta cook and since it aint me, your grilled chesse sammiches aint gonna cut it..but im willing to work with a brotha. :)

Thursday, September 7, 2006 at 7:37:00 AM CST  
Blogger blkbutterfly said...

lovin' this list...

#1: hilarious! however i must say that i know a few dudes that think the same way about fellatio...

Saturday, September 9, 2006 at 11:58:00 AM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home