Wednesday, September 06, 2006

The I's Have It

Wednesday's Edition

This post is a supplement to not yet having the initial
three questions from my poetry mentor in
order that I post for the "Full Disclosure Game".


I woke up today, thus, I have a sense of accomplishment...

I realized last night, in order to receive life I have to die...

I found out this weekend veal actually taste good, had two pieces...

I cried for absolutely nothing on Monday, felt like $1,000,000...

I now know friendship can be captive, though this makes me
extremely angry, I accept it for what it is...

I now have a growing interest in becoming a Mason, anxiety builds...

I counted $11.48 three times, didn't know my car seat doubled as a piggy bank...

I believe making a fashion statement is again becoming important, why I know not...

I will make an effort to be more sensitive to the needs of others...

I promise not to tell anyone else I love them until I know for certain they love me...

I owe it to myself to be more successful than those who came before me...

I owe it to my children to see to it they have access to the doors I was denied...

I accept my legacy...

I reject failure...

I am an Emcee whether I have a cd for sell or not...

I can cook, grill cheese sandwich sprinkled with cinnamon is my favorite...

Final entry... ...I hate writing, reading even more...

7 Comments:

Blogger MagicalSis said...

This totally sounds like a gratitude list that "All the Cool Bloggers" are doing. (you know wednesday is the G-List day)

If that was not your intention, well then, I find that quite amazing and surreal and possibly even a case of participation through psychic osmosis.

I love this post, B. and wish I could give you a Big Giant Hug. (one fine day)

Wednesday, September 6, 2006 at 12:53:00 PM CST  
Blogger Sangindiva said...

I would not only tell you I loved you...
I would SHOW you how much if you really loved me :)

This is a thoughtful list...
It sure got me thinking- about many things.

I have not forgotten your pics...
it's funny my mom read your comment about that
and said- you should send him some pics...
DAMN! my momma's a PHREAK!! :)
I guess fruit doesn't fall far...

Wednesday, September 6, 2006 at 2:10:00 PM CST  
Blogger Angel said...

thank you for participating in our "gratitude wednesdays." i encourage you to be reminded of the smallest gifts in your life that account for the biggest blessings... :-)

Wednesday, September 6, 2006 at 3:39:00 PM CST  
Blogger Tenacious said...

My uncle is a Mason and a few of my friends...Good Luck :-)

I found $2.67 in my car seat, and like a pig I bought chips LOL

I'm grateful every morning that I wake up...

@ Slump

Eh I talk too much in real life what can I say? You gotta take time to read my blog...

Wednesday, September 6, 2006 at 5:57:00 PM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I promise not to tell anyone else I love them until I know for certain they love me...


I believe love is a force that is more powerful than the individual it has a hold of. I feel you...on not expressing love before the other person expresses love for you first. But if you think about real love, does it matter if the person loves you back? Is there love for you, or lack thereof going to change your love for them? I think about stuff like that sometimes and in my case, the answer is no. I can love someone, be in love with them, and whether they love me back and express love for me is irrelevant to the way I feel about them.

You're either going to be a slave to that fact that you are in love with a person and you refuse to express it...or a slave to the fact that you want to freely express your love for the person. Either way, love is controlling you. Therefore, its more powerful than you. And in that case, I'd just say...let it be. Live, learn, and most of all, LOVE without restrictions.

That's what I'd like to see in this world!

Peace...

~UB

Wednesday, September 6, 2006 at 7:39:00 PM CST  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love this entire list......the one that makes me think most is.....
"I promise not to tell anyone else I love them until I know for certain they love me...."

what if the one you love lives by this same rule? how would you know if she never said so? could you be overthrown by love or would the one with the most discipline win? these are just some questions i ask myself......i have made this same promise to myself.

Thursday, September 7, 2006 at 3:07:00 PM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like this, especially the one about you crying over absolutely nothing. Very impressive to me when a man can cry.

Wednesday, September 13, 2006 at 12:01:00 AM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home