Thursday, September 14, 2006

The I's Have It II

Thursday's Edition

I now know friendship has variances...

I now understand, in order to love I must first be willing to be loved...

I now wonder if the new girl at my job, the one who goes out of her way to IGNORE me each and every day, has a crush on me...

I feel like I'm getting stronger, not because I feel stronger, but because I now realize I have the desire to become stronger...

I now know "being" an African American male is a daily ritual...

I, on today, am no longer mad at my birth mother for placing me for adoption...

I, oft times find comfort in pain because it feels better than not hurting...

I wonder what it feels like to be "totally" free...

I can never get back on tomorrow what I lost on yesterday, my time...

I breathe, therefore, I am...

I love fish more than chicken...

I love red more than blue, but less than black...

I want to press reset on my life...

"I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul..."

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I feel like I'm getting stronger, not because I feel stronger, but because I now realize I have the desire to become stronger...

- this is my favorite "i".......i can definately relate and desire is the biggest part of growth. stay strong and keep watch with eyes coming from inside. sometimes the clues can be subtle.

Thursday, September 14, 2006 at 11:56:00 AM CST  
Blogger Angel said...

"totally free" huh???? hmmmm...interesting concept...

Friday, September 15, 2006 at 3:58:00 PM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the last line.

"Captain of my soul"

Saturday, September 16, 2006 at 9:39:00 PM CST  
Blogger Blu Jewel said...

I like this piece for it's openess and honesty. "I, oft times find comfort in pain because it feels better than not hurting..." I love this line. My line would have been "I find comfort in pain because it's better than to not feel at all."

I commend you for being honest and for sharing a part of yourself with us.

Be blessed!

Monday, September 18, 2006 at 6:22:00 AM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your I's.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006 at 9:55:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home