Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Dating Age?

I have never been a proponent of on-line dating, but a few of my "professional friends" actually have accounts on EHARMONY and MATCH.COM. It is absolutely amazing!!! Most of them are extreme work-alcoholics who spend most of their free time thinking about the next corporate takeover, navigating the glass ceiling or profit margins. They are all sexy, even the guys, well-educated individuals who are single, white-collar workers who claim they are unable to meet someone on "their level". I will abstain from giving my personal opinion about dating excuses, but after reading their personal ads I had to write one for myself. If I were looking this is what I would say...

"Well-spoken, intellectual buppie who has a penchant for the written, spoken word. Charming, clairvoyant, mature, eccentric conservative wanting an escape from life’s everyday issues, concerns and drama. Looking for excellent conversation with someone who is easy on the eyes and smart as a whip. Desperately seeking her."

How does this read?

How would your personal ad read?

No anonymous post, I will delete!!!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quirky, Fun loving, Intelligent, woman with poodles seeking a well raised gentleman with a sense of humor, love for intelligent conversation and travel. Casual dating to start, but who knows where it may lead.

Thursday, December 13, 2007 at 3:06:00 PM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your comment made me think so I dedicated a whole post to your position on money, 50/50 relationships and abuse. I think we'll probably agree to disagree but I appreciate you making me stop, think and clarify why I feel the way I feel. Don't be a stranger ;-)

Thursday, December 13, 2007 at 3:08:00 PM CST  
Blogger Gemini Girl aka GG said...

funny, smart and super cute free spirit looking for someone to replace her TIVO!

Saturday, December 22, 2007 at 6:41:00 AM CST  
Blogger A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

i can't do the online dating thing, it's too much like work and doesn't pay as well.

i had a profile once, might still have one somewhere and someone who met her husband online told me that mine was too much poetry not enough prose. I told her to fuck off.

I know that she paid for her own ring anyway.

Friday, January 4, 2008 at 4:23:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home