Thursday, March 01, 2007

The I's Have It VIII

I am ready to accept God's next step, blindly...

I failed to be admitted in the University of Oklahoma's doctoral program, however, still I rise...

I appreciate your continued support, my book is almost complete; without you I would have never began blogging, never thought of writing again...

I never thought we'd speak again, you've brought back vivid memories; good and bad...

I wish I knew how to cry for an extended period of time, I would ball up, stay inside and burn about two weeks worth of annual leave...

I hate when we disagree to the point where my feelings, ego and being is hurt...

I think I might actually switch to being a Vegetarian...

I hope this NEW crossroads comes to pass as quickly as it came into being...

I just want my children to be proud I'm their father...

I have finally accepted it, I'm afraid to spit in an open mic format; horrified of the audience...

I wonder whether at the end of the day does my time on earth really matter if I'm unable to make a difference...

I am done eating candy...

I thank you for exposing me to the YP organization, they are extremely supportative of my efforts to be an author; I'm suprised...

I thank you for waking me, yet again...

10 Comments:

Blogger Angel said...

i know for a fact that your children are just as proud that you're their father, as you are of being their father...

im so glad that you're willing to take that next step. sometimes when we think we want something so bad, not getting it really does show us that either we didnt want it that bad in the first place, or truthfully, we wanted it but wouldnt have known really what to do with it...

i'll always support your endeavors sir. and will always be there to share in your smile-inducing (and tear-inducing) moments. we're friends B.K. and whether we disagree or agree, please know that on ANY given day, i got you...

Thursday, March 1, 2007 at 10:51:00 PM CST  
Blogger Miz JJ said...

Sorry to hear about the doctoral program. Hopefully that will only make you hungry to try again somewhere else.

I use to write poetry and want to recite at those type of events, but I know I would piss my pants before I could do it.

If you show your children love and respect they will be proud to have you as their daddy.

I wrote a short story and posted it on my blog. Check it out when you get a chance.

Friday, March 2, 2007 at 1:48:00 PM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's ok to be afraid, Slump. I'm afraid to do an open mic as well. What I'm learning is not to let fear stop me from doing anything. The only way to overcome the fear is to face it. Do the very thing that you're afraid of doing.

You have nothing to be afraid of. You know you're one talented brotha!

You've already made a difference. Your life matters.

Friday, March 2, 2007 at 3:44:00 PM CST  
Blogger Shelle said...

i am truly sorry u didn't get in...perhaps other plans are in store for you.
i hate you seem to be hurting so much...sending a strong hug your way.
write through this....

Sunday, March 4, 2007 at 5:45:00 PM CST  
Blogger Lyrically speaking said...

Know that you are good and that you are blessed. You should go for it, try open mic and i'm sure you'll fall in love with the crowd.

I've also given a lot of thought in going back to my vegetarian lifestyle, I miss feeling light as a feather. Believe me, there is a certain spirituality to eating healthier and flushing out all those toxins found in meat.

It's good visiting your world today

Tuesday, March 6, 2007 at 9:11:00 AM CST  
Blogger Unknown said...

He closes one door to open another.

Tuesday, March 6, 2007 at 3:43:00 PM CST  
Blogger Little Brown Girl said...

I am sorry to hear about school man!!! But I believe their is something greater right around the corner...remain positive for you have gifts and talents beyond even your own imagination and God will use them for the purpose HE has laid out for you.

Stay strong...I'm here if you wanna talk...

Wednesday, March 7, 2007 at 11:15:00 AM CST  
Blogger Paula D. said...

Heads up Slump! I have no doubt that something bigger & better is waiting for you in the universe :-)

Wednesday, March 7, 2007 at 11:27:00 AM CST  
Blogger Trish said...

Chin up ~ it's all going to work itself out because God is in control. For whatever reason in His divine design, it's not your season for school.

Continue to smile though...

Wednesday, March 7, 2007 at 12:27:00 PM CST  
Blogger piglet said...

i'm sorry about the doctoral program. guess it just means there is something even better waitin' round the corner for ya.

i like this post, it's heartfelt and warm.

Tuesday, March 20, 2007 at 9:43:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home